Image Map

Thursday, September 9, 2010

5 Years...

5 years ago my life changed.... I was getting ready with my best friend for our first Homecoming dance! We had had a blast the whole week and couldn't wait to go with our best buds! I remember Ann chasing me through her house with tweezers trying to pluck my eyebrows, and painting our toe nails while watching the movie Center Stage. Analee's dad remembers waking us up way to early by walking in the door yelling WAKE UP! I shot up and then when I realized it was Mike I rolled my eyes and layed back down, Ann just barely opening her eyes and saying "Daaad".... Anyways it was a great day but something felt weird that morning the boys kept calling and pushing back the time they were picking us up but we really didn't mind we were having a total spa day and it was great! As it got closer for them to pick us up we were talking about how awkward it was going to be when Ann and Steve posing for pictures when he came to pick her up all glammed up! We were even practicing smiles! ha The boys finally came and we were off to Idaho Falls to play Laser tag! It was so fun and Ann scored a big 0! haha then we crammed into the suburban to go find Sizzler where we were going to eat! Well we got lost and so Callie, Analee, and I jumped out of the car and did a Chinese Fire Drill (Only time I have ever done this) and we didn't even make it around before the light changed to green! We Finally Made it to Sizzler and they had no room so they crammed us into a teeny tiny booth for all 6 of us to share! Me and Ann got two different plates and shared the whole time. Then we all crammed back into the car to head home to get ready!

Then before we knew it our world was about to change. The next thing I remember is laying in the Ambulance yelling at Steve "MY LEG!! and I WANT MY MOM!" Then my mom running into the room crying.

I kept asking where Analee was even though I knew in my heart she was gone I could feel it, but I didn't want to accept it. Sunday night they told me she went back to her Heavenly Father.

So Five years later I have graduated from High School, Have a Hip replacement, Married an Amazing man, Moved out of my favorite town Rexburg, had 4 different jobs, the list goes on and on....

I never thought I would say this but I am grateful for the accident I have learned so much from it and I know that I have been blessed for it! I know that I will see Analee again and it will be Amazing!

Analee I love you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Team Allen said...

has it really been only five years.. Annalee is adorable. You are amazing Abs. I'm grateful to have you around to read your blog, and to learn from the things you post. come visit our spider house in sugarhouse. Thanks for the memorial post, it's a good reminder of everything learned. love ya girl!

ashley said...

I love that our little town of rexburg can be brought together by accidents and horrible happenings. Its amazing what a small town can do for people.

Ashley Sullenger said...

Five years. I'm so much more aware now. Sorry if I ever seemed impatient. I didn't understand. One day Ann will be waiting for you, what a happy day. I think in someways that day will mean more to those whose loved ones life was cut short. Love ya Abs

9 Crazy Carters in the Coop said...

Hi sis,
Beautiful post and I can remember everything about that day also. We have all been blessed so much since then. I miss Analee's happy smile and silly ways, but have no regrets! We had fun with her till the end...loved the fashion show and so glad that we did it!! You are amazing sis and I love you so much!
mom

Rowbury Adventures said...

oh man what a great little post Abs.. I can't believe it has already been five years. That was a tragic time for you and I was so proud of you for being so tough and such a great example to everyone.. I think that incident changed our whole school. Love you girl and thanks for reminding us..

Kip & Melissa said...

Abbie, I am so happy you posted about this. You are such an amazing girl you were so strong through it all! Love ya!