Image Map

Monday, June 6, 2011

On the ROAD Again...

This was a while ago but I am just doing these posts in order because it bugs me not to have them in order!!

So right after the semester ended we headed down to St. George with an overnight bag packed, no hotel booked and really no idea what we were going to end up doing except meet with the school. We had packed up everything the day before so we were sleeping on a mattress on the floor... did not sleep good! ha so we were tired but ready for our random day trip!

1st stop... Breakfast with Krispy Kreme

Photobucket

Then a few hours later we needed a bathroom stop and the only thing we could find was creepy gas stations and then a subway! So we pulled right on in, and to my luck the bathroom light did not work so I had to go with nothing but my cell phone light... haha Then on the way out we decided to get some cookies for a treat!

When we finally pulled in to St George it was PACKED! We didn't realize it was spring break for the rest of the world! But we got some sandwiches for lunch and the Hubby started getting sick and saying he was going to pass out, well being the great wife that I am i started laughing because he was being soo dramatic I thought he was kidding because he was hot or something! Then I started getting nervous because he had a fever and was really weak! I started calling hotels and they were all booked and so we resorted to parking the car in the shade and hubs laying down in the car!

Photobucket

We got to the school way early and had to wait for the counselor so we laid on a blanket on the grass enjoying the sunshine and just praying he would feel good enough to get this meeting done! He made it through with as much water as we could get down him and ibuprofen and it was an answer to prayers because the counselor over Breks department had some free time and he helped him with EVERYTHING! I was so happy I even got tears in my eyes!

My mom saved the day and got us a hotel at the cutest Bed and Breakfast Inn called the 7 Wives Inn! haha the name was funny but it was a way cute place!! We made it there in the nic of time because we checked in and got to our room and Brek laid down for about two seconds and then threw up! Poor guy! So I ventured out to find some dinner for me and some ice cream for my sick boy and ate in our room and were sound asleep by 9:00!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yep I pretended to be asleep and took a pic... Brek was sound asleep!

Then next morning we woke up to a miracle because he was feeling better! We got to have a delicious breakfast made by the Inn!

Photobucket

Then it was back to our favorite car! And back to the empty house for one more night! Since we had no food we went to papa johns for pizza, Ben and Jerry's for dessert, and Harry Potter Red Box on the lap top to assume our spot on the couch for one last night!

Photobucket

We woke up Sunday morning and went to a different ward because we told our ward that we were leaving the week before and didn't want to show up looking like we lied! ha so we went to church and then got in the car for the next part of the drive to Twin Falls. The Car was loaded to to top with clothes and the rest of the things we would need for the summer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This attractive picture is how happy I was to be in the car again!

Then just because I wanted to remember what a sweet guy I have I took a picture of this. We were really out of like everything but didn't want to buy all the stuff just to pack it all so we were about out of toothpaste and I couldn't get any out! So When I woke up monday I went to brush my teeth and to my surprise that hubby of mine he squeezed out the last of it on my toothbrush and had it waiting for me!

Photobucket

Two days later we were on the last part of the trip up to Washington to Breks house that will be Home Sweet Home for the summer! I am so thankful for all the little things that make our life so Great! Thank you mom and dad for getting us the hotel and saving the day for Brek! And Thank you Pat and Debbie for letting us live here for the summer! And Thank you Husband for making (driving) my least favorite thing in the world bearable!

Photobucket

1 comment:

9 Crazy Carters in the Coop said...

super fun and cute pictures. Me and daddy are so glad that we found you and Brek that cute B & B!!! We are so excited to come help you move into your new place in St. George.
Love you to pieces
Mom