Image Map

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Moving....

We packed up our car and moved to St George!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The car was literally packed to the roof! It was tight I barely had room for my feet and that was just what we took to Washington for the summer!

We said goodbye to Washington and hit the road for the LONG LONG drive!

Photobucket

We made the first stop in Twin Falls for a 2 day break with Grandpa and Grandma Bateman

Photobucket

Then it was off to Ogden to meet my mom and Issy and stayed the night at my Grandpa Deardens and Betty-Anns. The next morning we went and picked up the U-haul truck and we debated for like an hour wondering if the truck would be big enough for all of our stuff! And then met back at my Grandma and Grandpa Carters with some of my wonderful family that helped us load up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I followed Brek down to St George for the rest of the way. We were way lucky because my Grandpa had a friend that let us stay at her condo until we found a place. We thought we had a place all lined up and when we picked up the keys to go look at it we feared for our lives! Brek wouldn't even let me come down the stairs until he checked it all out because he was scared people were in there! haha I wish I would have brought my camera because it was so gross! So we went and found the condo, got some food and relaxed for the night.

Photobucket

This was the comfort food for the week because I was so stressed out we searched for almost a straight week trying to find a place and just having no luck! We spent the mornings and sometimes evenings going to McDonalds ordering pops and a cinnamelt to share while we sat at a booth to use the internet looking up every site we could think of for ideas.

Photobucket

Then on the day I was ready to quit we found the perfect place! I LOVED it and so did Brek! We celebrated and while the paperwork went through we went to a movie!

Photobucket

The next monday we were all ready to move in!

Photobucket

We pulled an all nighter the first night that involved some in-n-out, some treats, and some one tree hill and we unpacked most of the house! I was soooo happy to be sleeping in our bed in OUR house! I keep telling Brek on a daily basis how much I love having our little place and how happy I am! I was so proud of us because we (mostly me) got over holding on to stuff and had a pretty big D.I pile!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to take a picture of him like this I think he looked like Santa carrying his bag of toys! It is how he carried up most of our clothes!

We actually got settled in really quick and one of the first things we did was get a costco card! We were so excited!

Photobucket

And then the best purchase ever! After much much thought we bought a WASHER AND DRYER!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We never thought doing laundry could bring so much happiness!

I am so so blessed and I can't stop smiling! We lucked out I found a job really fast as an activities director at an assisted living place and Brek had an awesome connection in his parents ward and he got a GREAT job working for a yellow pages company selling adds to businesses!

Thank you to our AMAZING FAMILY who helped us move and for everything else you do for us! We Love you all So Much!


1 comment:

melanee said...

Ab, thanks for commenting on my blog.. it's nice to know someone still looks at it once in a while :) I love all your recent posts, but especially this one. I think the adventure you're on sounds like so much fun! I love love the house... looks so tropical :) I think you're gonna love every minute you two have there together, and you're time with the good people in assisted living :) Congrats on Brek getting his job too! I'm so excited for you guys, and love you dearly!