Image Map

Thursday, February 9, 2012

California Dreamin

A couple of weeks ago we were debating on going to San Diego to meet Breks parents while they were there for a work conference. Well a couple of nights before we were talking in the car and out of the blue Brek says "We are goin!" I was soo excited!!

We left tuesday afternoon and hit the road. My FREAKING phone was retarded and kept dying so the GPS was not our best friend and took us on a detour through San Bernardino then ended up taking FOREVER! Then I started freaking out because we really didn't know where we were but luckily Pat saved the day and called at the perfect time and led us to the hotel!

Photobucket

Photobucket
The horrible curves that I get terrified on every single time!

It was such a cute little town on the island as we drove through it to the hotel I was so excited! We finally got there and after eating about 9,000,000,000,000 peanut butter m&m's and water we both had headaches and were STARVING! So we went to dinner and then went back to the room and spent the night talking and watching celebrity wife swap, which was hilarious!

We crashed when it was time for bed and woke up to the most beautiful view! Brek and I snuck outside and sat on the balcony for a while and just pretended that we lived there!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Then we all got ready and while Pat was at meetings Debbie, Brek and I headed out to explore the town. (Because I can walk now for a long time! This was AMAZING!) The island was even cuter during the day, and we found some mega cute beach houses that I really really wanted Brek to surprise me and buy... I guess I can keep dreamin! ha

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We were right by a Navy base and we got to watch the planes take off and land

Photobucket
This is the bridge you take to get to the island. It was so big! I'm glad we first crossed it at night because I didn't realize how high it was!

We walked around the park that you could see the bridge from and all of the lamp post had these on them! I felt kind of bad for the birds!

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way home I think Brek might of had a heart attack when we saw this car! I don't even remember what it is but we had to take a picture of it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

That night Pat and Debbie had a banquet to go to so we walked the town until we found a place for dinner. We found a delicious mexican food place, got stuffed then headed for a moonlight stroll on the beach!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




I always have to have something sweet after a meal... It's  a problem. Brek is the sweetest though because he knows this and bought me a yummy ice cream sundae and we went and sat on these couches right on the beach and toasted our toes by the fire. We did kind of freak out a little though because every time the wind would pick up the fire got real hot and our feet felt like they were going to burn off!

Photobucket

Photobucket



The next morning we woke up got some strawberries-n-cream for the road and we set off for the happiest place on earth! I got to take a picture of the San Diego temple from the road, and we got into town right when it opened! I have one picture of us at Disneyland and it is on Breks phone so I don't have it. We had a great fabulous time! Thursday the weather was perfect and we walked on almost all the rides! Brek got a little sick from the rides so we left a little early, ate some dinner, rested and then we got to go see Jolene! Seeing her is always a blast! Friday was a little more busy but we still had fun! World of Color was the most amazing thing I have every seen even if I had to peek between the cracks of peoples heads to see it.

Photobucket

Overall it was a perfect vacation! Thank you Pat and Debbie for giving us an excuse to get away and everything else! We love you guys!

Photobucket

No comments: