Image Map

Saturday, March 10, 2012

He's Home!

I am very behind on my posts because somewhere between Rexburg and St. George I lost my card reader and I knew that if I bought another one I would find it, so I was stubborn and would not buy one for a long time. I finally gave in and bought another one, and the last one is still yet to be found.

So Here we go... WARNING it is a LOT of pictures

First up, Brek could not get the time off work, who knew that being a car salesman would be the hardest job ever to get any time off. So after being upset for a little bit I decided I would be brave and drive up myself to see Elder Carter come home!

It was actually a pretty nice drive. I got to take the Honda so I could talk on the phone to my hearts content because it goes through the speakers. And that is just what I did I called just about everyone and talked for a while, then I would blast my ipod and sing a long. The 8 hours flew by and before I knew it I was in good old Rexburg, and could not be happier!

I walked in the door and my mom was the only one home. We gave lots of hugs, and then I got to look around the house. My mom is the best decorator and I LOVED seeing all the new stuff she had done!

Then everyone started coming home! It is always so much fun coming home Lots of screaming and hugs because lets face it the boys are out numbered and I guess us Carter girls just scream when we see each other! ha

That night we needed to do something fun as sisters so we hopped in the car, blasted the music and drove to Nielsons for some custard. (Every single one of us looking homeless) We were not ashamed apparently... now looking back I am VERY embarrassed I went in public looking like that!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we came home and worked on our Posters to wave at the airport

Photobucket

We all stick our tongue out when we concentrate.... It was very serious poster making!

And the good little college student did her homework

Photobucket

Then we just all had a giant sleep over party in Liv's now Issy's bed!

We woke up the next morning all extremely excited to see our BROTHER! We went to go decorate the garage which we ended up freezing our faces off I'm pretty sure! The twins didn't want to miss out on the fun, so wet hair got wrapped up in a towel because they were not worried that their hair would probably turn to ice!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nana Liz came over to bring cookies

Photobucket

Finally at about 11:00 we were headed to Idaho Falls! We were all getting nervous... I'm not really sure why we were nervous but we were SOOO EXCITED to see him! Cory and DeeAnn's family came too so he had a good little crowd to greet him!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We all checked the flight thing a million times!

Then the moment we were all waiting for! {a LOT of Screams} we probably scared everyone in there.

Photobucket

My parents were so happy that we all started crying

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then the hugs...

Photobucket

Miss Iss I don't know what happened but I cannot find the picture of you and Hayd anywhere! But we know you hugged him too!

Then A LOT of pictures

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Addie was so cute and so worried that Hayden didn't get a Valentine for Valentines day a few days before.

He wanted to show us his tags

Photobucket

After we got the luggage we went to lunch. He got the choice of Red Robin or Chik-Filet or Red Robin and he chose Chik-Fillet we all couldn't believe it.... but all happily went!

Photobucket

{This was for Brek} Husband you were always missed!

We had a very interesting lunch with our missionary.... which included him making us pray in the restaurant. Haha Hayd we love you!

On the way home we had a great time just all being together!

Then we pulled up. He laughed when he saw all the balloons and sign on the garage.

Photobucket

The rest of the day he showed us everything from his Mission we were all very impressed with how organized he was! Then some of his friends came over, but it took us a long time to get ahold of anyone to release him! At about 5:00 ish he was released, and that was a pretty emotional experience.

Having his boy back my dad was in HEAVEN! Thursday night they went to a basketball game, and Friday they went down to Idaho Falls for Hayd to speak at a fireside and they went shopping. So for all the women in their lives it was a pretty low key day!

Then Saturday the PARTY began! My Grandpa Dearden and Betty-Ann came, and the Whole Carter Clan! It was one of the funnest weekends we have ever had as a family I think!

Cory and Dee had everyone sleep at their house so we could keep the house clean for everyone coming to see Hayden, so we spent Saturday night eating delicious food, and playing HARD!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They were playing this downstairs and I didn't want to play because I knew I would be HORRIBLE but Liv and Mill wanted me to come take pictures. Before I knew it we had everyone roped into playing! Seriously EVERYONE! Even the spectators played after a few games! It was soooooooo much fun! The good ones were Way out numbered by the bad so we all just laughed and had a great time!

Photobucket

Every time someone would make it the gym would erupt with cheers!

Photobucket

Liv always got a second life for some reason, and then the second time around she would get all of us out! haha

Photobucket

Photobucket

The pros would make it every time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We left at about 11:00 at night and all crashed when our heads hit the pillows.

Sunday morning we woke up to get ready to hear the Elder speak!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He gave such a great talk! After Sacrament we all went to our house for the dinner. Liz, Vaughn and Emily made a delicious dinner of Cafe Rio salads, and it was a packed house!


Photobucket

Then my mom made this awesome cookie for everyone to eat too..
Photobucket

Sunday night we went back out to Cory and Dee's and played more games, and a never ending game of revenge lightning! {That means when the person that got you out gets out you get back in!} It seriously went on for 2 hours! It was a total blast though!

We were all sad to go to bed Sunday night because we knew it was coming to an end. We had one more sleep over in Liv/Issy's bed, and then Monday woke up and I had to get on the road. I did make one last stop though to see Liv's apartment, and it was nicer than a hotel!  I got to take Liv's cute friend Sara home so that gave me some company until provo.

It was such a fun weekend! We couldn't be more proud of you Bucket Head! You were an awesome missionary, and we are so happy to have you home! It was so good to see all of you fam! I Love you all so much and miss you every day!

And last but not least.... Husband I missed you every day and wished you could have been there!

I love you All!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

haha that was quite the update, but I loved it. Once again made me anxious for Rhetters. Glad you had a fun trip. Call me, I think I might know how to add the dashboard to your blog...

D'Neill said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of Elder Carter - that is so great!! Welcome home Hayden! I love the pics of your mom and dad :) So sweet.